The importance of replying to reviews as a business owner cannot be overstated.
Firstly, it helps your customers feel listened to, and shows them that their opinion is respected. What many people don't realise though, is that interacting with reviews is also rewarded by review sites with a better ranking.
This means that the more you engage with your customer reviews, the faster you'll get found online!
Why is responding important for business owners?
- You take control of the online conversation
- Ignoring a negative review leaves it open for interpretation.
- Viewers see the way you react on reviews, and it does have an impact on their opinion
- Replying improves loyalty to your business
- Google will improve your SEO based on the percentage of reviews you have answered
- Responding to reviews helps increase your overall rating on review sites by up to 1 point!
So, how can you reply to reviews in the best way possible?
Here are the top tips to keep in mind:
1. Thank your customers for their response
Saying thank you indicates that you appreciate the effort that your customer has put into writing the review. It encourages other guests to write a positive review as well.
2. Ask where you can improve
Are you open to improve the overall quality of your business and customer experience? Then ask your customers which aspects could be improved.
3. Repeat the positive points your guest mentions
Figure out what the customer found most important about their experience, and recall it in your response. It will emphasise that you listened to the guest, and adds more positive content to your review page.
4. Share feedback with your team and keep on motivating
Continue to motivate your team to keep providing the high quality experience your customers hope to get from you at all times. Keep the morale high and encourage your team by showing that their performance is appreciated!
Now, it's time to get out there and start replying to your customer reviews!
If you have any other questions, please be sure to message our support team here.