Having your own domain name will make your business stand out from the crowd. With UENI, you can connect existing domains to your website or purchase a domain directly.
If you already own a domain before getting your website (or if you purchased a domain outside UENI), there are several configurations that need a revision when you connect the domain to UENI. Moving email management records or verifying domains with third parties requires direct management of DNS records, which you can do by yourself on your UENI Business Hub.
Before being able to edit the DNS settings for any domain, you need to have domains associated with your website. You can get one by:
Editing DNS Setting
Open Domain DNS Settings
Before editing the DNS Settings for one of your domains, you need to open the DNS Settings page on your UENI Business Hub:
- Log in to your UENI account and go to the Pro Features page.
- Scroll down to the My Domains card.
- Click the Edit DNS button.
On this settings page, you Add or Edit DNS records.
Adding DNS Records
To add a DNS record, you have to click on the + Add button on the top right corner of the domain DNS settings page.
Each DNS record has four attributes: Type, Name, Content and TTL. Whatever the use case you are trying to address, these configuration parameters are generally provided by the system you are trying to implement.
- Type: the type of the record, one of SRV, A, CNAME, TXT or MX. MX records are usually used to configure email addresses and TXT records to verify domains with third-party providers.
- Name: the unique name of the record.
- Content: the content of the record.
- TTL: this is the duration of the memory for each record in the DNS system.
Editing DNS Records
To edit an existing DNS record, you have to click on the "pencil" icon in the Actions column for the record you want to change.
In this menu, you can change any of the record attributes or Delete an existing record.
That's it! You're ready to make changes to your domain's DNS records.
Please note that all changes to DNS records can take a few hours to be in effect.
Need a hand?
If you need any further assistance, please message our support team or get real-time help on our Live Chat!